2018 is almost here!
And I have the supreme honour and privilege of sitting in a beautiful space writing this important message to you all the way from Revetal, Vestfold, Norway - preparing for some upcoming work with clients and a talk I’ll be giving to some local beauties with whom I can’t wait to connect!
I love this time of the year dearly.
Not only is it a time to spend with loved ones focused on giving, gratitude and togetherness, but it’s a time of the year when people from all over the world focus on new beginnings.
I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions - I am more of the mindset that if you want to make a change in your life, do it immediately and don’t wait. However, the reason why I love this time is because it’s the one time of the year when it is collectively encouraged to reflect upon our previous year and consciously think about how we want to be better human beings.
It represents a time of new beginnings…
a fresh start….
an opportunity to hit the “reset” button…
and we are prompted to ask ourselves the question, “how can we show up bigger, better and brighter for the upcoming year?”
A question we should be asking ourselves daily, but one that often gets lost or put aside for the ever-popular “what’s in it for me?” mentality that we often find ourselves in.
The truth of the matter is, we were born into a society that encourages mediocrity.
We were raised to believe that creating a “good” life, is “good enough”.
But I want you to know that being merely good gets in the way of truly being great.
So the key takeaway this week is:
Don’t settle for “good” in 2018 - or ever, for that matter.
Make it your mission to express more of your innate potential than ever before. Because the Universe will give you whatever you ask for, so you might as well ask for something you truly want.
So I wanted to share my key takeaways from 2017 - and what I believe are important reminders that we should take into consideration every single day in order to make 2018 the greatest year of your existence.
Make this year the year you commit to life.
- Dream big, not realistically.
- Embrace new concepts.
- Participate and experience life.
- Accept responsibility for your future.
- Embrace change and see it as an invitation for opportunity.
- Do whatever it takes.
- Don’t blame others or complain.
- Take full responsibility for the circumstance you find yourself in.
- Take risks.
- Invest in yourself.
- Talk about ideas, not people.
- Envision the future.
- Help and care deeply about others.
- Want for others MORE than what you want for yourself.
- Be clear on who you are and what you stand for.
- Acknowledge fear of failure, rejection and loss but still be willing to more forward and produce results in spite of it all.
- Grow. Always.
- Be generous, even when you don’t think you have enough to share.
- Commit to excellence and welcome others to join.
- And above anything else, live with honour, humility and integrity.
Make 2018 the year you commit to life, friend.
It's your time to shine.